Code of practice for parents/carers
Havant Athletic club
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Encourage and guide performers to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.
Havant Athletic Club
- Each club should carefully consider the most appropriate constitution for its
- particular circumstances. A basic constitution is provided below, although
- clubs should consider Community Amateur Sports Club status (see CCPR
- website for details) for tax and other financial benefits.
The club will be called NAME OF CLUB and will be affiliated to the
NAME OF NATIONAL GOVERNING BODY.
2. Aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of the club will be:
- To offer coaching and competitive opportunities in NAME OF SPORT.
- To promote the club within the local community and NAME OF SPORT.
- To manage the NAME OF FACILITY.
- To ensure a duty of care to all members of the club.
- To provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone.
- To ensure all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment.
- Membership should consist of officers and members of the club.
- All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by
- joining the club will be deemed to accept these regulations and codes of
- practice that the club has adopted.
Members will be enrolled in one of the following categories:
- Full member.
- Associate member.
- Junior member.
- Life member.
4. Membership fees
Membership fees will be set annually and agreed by the Executive/Management Committee or determined at the Annual General Meeting.
Fees will be paid: annually/monthly/by weekly subscription.
5. Officers of the club
The officers of the club will be:
- Vice Chair.
- Honorary Secretary.
- Fixtures Secretary.
- Publicity Officer.
- Volunteer Coordinator.
- Any other relevant position.
Officers will be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting.
All officers will retire each year but will be eligible for re-appointment.
The club will be managed through the Management Committee consisting of:
- NAMES OF OFFICER POSTS. Only these posts will have the right to vote at meetings of the Management Committee.
- The Management Committee meetings will be convened by the Secretary of the club and held no less than NUMBER OF MEETINGS times per year.
- The quorum required for business to be agreed at Management Committee meetings will be: NUMBER [ACCORDING TO NUMBER OF OFFICERS IN POST].
- The Management Committee will be responsible for adopting new policy, codes of practice and rules that affect the organisation of the club.
- The Management Committee will have powers to appoint subcommittees as necessary and appoint advisers to the Management Committee as necessary to fulfil its business
- The Management Committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the club rules/regulations/constitution. The Management Committee will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following such hearings.
All club monies will be banked in an account held in the name of the club.
The Club Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the club.
The financial year of the club will end on: DATE.
An audited statement of annual accounts will be presented by the Treasurer at the Annual General Meeting.
Any cheques drawn against club funds should hold the signatures of the treasurer plus up to two other officers.
8. Annual General Meetings
Notice of Annual General Meetings (AGM) will be given by the Club Secretary. Not less than 21 clear days notice to be given to all members.
The AGM will receive a report from officers of the Management Committee and a statement of the audited accounts.
Nominations for officers of the Management Committee will be sent to the Secretary prior to the AGM.
Elections of officers are to take place at the AGM.
All members have the right to vote at the AGM.
The quorum for AGMs will be NUMBER [USUALLY 25% OF THE MEMBERSHIP].
The Management Committee has the right to call Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs) outside the AGM. Procedures for EGMs will be the same as for the AGM.
9. Discipline and appeals
All concerns, allegations or reports of poor practice/abuse relating to the welfare of children and young people will be recorded and responded to swiftly and appropriately in accordance with the club’s child protection policy and procedures. The club Welfare Officer is the lead contact for all members in the event of any child protection concerns.
All complaints regarding the behaviour of members should be presented and submitted in writing to the Secretary.
The Management Committee will meet to hear complaints within NUMBER days of a complaint being lodged. The committee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action including the termination of membership.
The outcome of a disciplinary hearing should be notified in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made within NUMBER days of the hearing.
There will be the right of appeal to the Management Committee following disciplinary action being announced. The committee should consider the appeal within NUMBER days of the Secretary receiving the appeal.
A resolution to dissolve the club can only be passed at an AGM or EGM through a majority vote of the membership.
In the event of dissolution, any assets of the club that remain will become the property of NAME OF GOVERNING BODY OR SOME OTHER CLUB WITH SIMILAR OBJECTIVES TO THOSE OF THE CLUB.
11. Amendments to the constitution
The constitution will only be changed through agreement by majority vote at an AGM or EGM.
NAME OF CLUB hereby adopts and accepts this constitution as a current operating guide regulating the actions of members.
Position: Club Chair
Position: Club Secretary